Thursday 22 December 2011

It works and it's beautiful

I am writing this from Node4 of my render farm. That's right I've installed a motherboard and it is running in-situ. I've got it connected to a mouse, monitor, keyboard and wireless usb stick for the moment just to test it. Four fans are in place and working perfectly. That's right, it works!

I've still got a lot of work to do before it is finished. But such a relief to have made it this far. I've even hooked it up to my new gigabit switch, so cool. I thought I might have to do something to tidy up the metal work around the fan vents, but the fan grills are so shiny you just don't see the shoddy cutting and when the power is on the red fan LEDs look really good.


At this rate I might be able to finish this over Xmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.